Grain Millers, Inc. is a leading supplier of industrial food ingredients, with a successful history of providing personalized customer service in all aspects of our business. Due to growth, we are currently seeking an experienced candidate for an exciting opportunity as CAD Designer.
The CAD Designer is responsible for preparing routine layouts, detail drawings and sketches, along with supplemental project planning and scheduling. Detail drawings including 2D and 3D CAD system, organization and correspondence necessary for equipment fabrication, layout or construction installation.
CAD Designer Typical Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting software to develop facility, construction and equipment layout drawings to assist project development.
- Creates and revises production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Produces drawings and layouts based on engineering and project management outlines, sketches or drafts.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Drafts detailed flow diagrams, layouts and construction components.
- Communicates with the project team including contractors, millwrights, QA and engineering regarding any revised prints.
CAD Designer Qualifications:
- Prefer an Associates in CAD or related field, and two plus years’ of related experience. Prefer experience in AutoCAD 2D, AutoDESK Inventor, and/or Solidworks.
- Extensive knowledge of established construction and maintenance practices.
- Familiarity with food processing, milling or process engineering is desired.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, multi-colored construction prints and floor plans, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication skills; thorough and attentive to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented.
- Requires excellent interpersonal relationship skills. Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively deal with people at different organizational levels both internally and externally.
- Periodic travel to mill locations is required.
This is an opportunity for you to join a team of professionals in a workplace environment that fosters personal development and growth. Grain Millers, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and an atmosphere where partnership, respect and integrity are highly valued. If interested, apply on line by uploading your resume and salary requirements.
Do you thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Do you enjoy working independently? Are you not a morning person? Do you not enjoy working weekends? We are currently seeking a candidate for an exciting opportunity as a full-time Mill Process Operator, working 2nd shift (3:00 – 11:30 pm), Sunday – Thursday. Compensation: $17/hour to start, plus $1.00/hour shift differential.
Grain Millers, Inc. is a leading provider of whole grain ingredients used in cereals, breads, bars, snacks and many other food products. Our St. Peter location processes soybeans, lentils, corn, ancient grains and other specialty crops.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct oversight and operation of various cleaning equipment, handling, and grading systems.
- Communicates with day shift team members regarding production runs, product change overs, product transfers and silo inventories.
- Continually monitor processing equipment and validate key quality and yield check points to verify equipment is operating properly.
- Perform in-processing sampling and grading as required to confirm product is meeting customer specifications.
- Operates all equipment for peak performances in quality and yield.
- HS Diploma, plus 2 years post-secondary education and/or experience preferred
- Previous plant experience is beneficial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt and change directions as process and/or productions schedules are altered
- Ability to operate computer systems and have a high mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds on an occasional basis
What else do I need to know?
Grain Millers, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, and an atmosphere where partnership, respect and integrity are highly valued. Grain Millers, Inc conducts drug testing and criminal background checks. This position is located in St. Peter, MN.
How Do I Apply?
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Our 2nd Shift Canister Line Operator might be the job for you! This position is responsible for operating or tending an automated can-line system in preparing customers’ orders. Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and a desire to do the right thing-always is what we are looking for.
- Set-up, operation and troubleshoot the automated canister line.
- Observe machine operation to ensure quality and conformity of filled and packaged products.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging materials.
- Regulate machine flow or speed based on specific production
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems and troubleshooting issues to ensure productivity is maintained.
- Follow all safety, quality and production policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to analyze information, machines and processes to troubleshoot issues.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of repairing and maintaining mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Ability to communicate and participate in team-based decision-making processes.
- Ability to coordinate and organize production runs.
- Physical activities include, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, lifting above shoulders, pushing and pulling.
- Required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Are you looking for something new? This position is assisting the packaging operator by providing and stocking packaging materials, taking palletized product from production and locating it in the warehouse. Responsible for backing up the cartooning and palletizing operator. Assist the warehouse in locating product into warehouse system and/or loading for shipments.
We are looking for people who are problem solvers and thrive on doing what is good and right. Other skills such has a proven record of safely operating of a forklift, read and comprehend written instructions, ability to be a team player and have basic computer skills.
This position is a 2nd shift position with hours M-F 2 pm - 10:30 pm with occasional overtime.
Are you the person who is looking to be part of something bigger? Grain Millers, Inc. might just be that opportunity for you. We are a privately held company that was founded on the idea of helping people live healthier lives. We are innovative, growing and have positions open in manufacturing! We are looking for people we can trust to "Do the Right Thing - Always", striving to provide great customer service and quality ingredients to the world. When joining Grain Millers you can expect excellent pay and shift differentials, robust benefits and matching 401k plan. We do operate 24/7 with most employees working 4 days on then 4 off.
This position is in the packaging area assisting the operators in filling super sacks or pneumatic trailers with finished product. This includes, but is not limited to, operation of sit down forklift, completing quality checks, helping warehouse material, ensuring proper product labels, weights and packaging for each customer. Work with a team of 2 to 3 other members to complete required tasks.
Physical demands include:
- Ability to walk, climb ladders and climb stairs
- Reach above shoulder height
- Push/pull 50 pounds
- Lift 50 pounds
- Hand manipulation used to tie tote shut
- 1 to 2 years fork lift experience
- Ability to operate barcode scan gun
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability to work in a team environment with effective communication skills
- Good organization skills
At Grain Millers we pride ourselves on being innovative and adding value to our customers. We focus on wholesome ingredients in all aspects of our business. We are looking for people we can trust to "Do the right thing - Always". Are you ready for a fast pace position where you need to learn how to operate equipment to assist the Bran/Flour Operator and package finished product for shipment? We have the position for you!
This position is responsible for packing all bran and flour products in super sacks or pneumatic trailers and learning the systems to assist the operator in the operation producing Bran and Flour and being able to take over if necessary.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Operation of the tote filling systems to process orders according to customer specifications.
- Operation of the bulk loading systems according to customer specifications.
- Operate forklift to move product in the warehouse.
- Communicating with the Bran/Flour Mill Operators and assist with production as necessary. This could include assisting in quality checks, plug ups, and cleaning of areas.
- Operating the stretch wrapping device.
- Complete quality checks and paperwork as required. This includes, cleaning the magnets, checking metal detector calibration, utilizing SPC control charts, and sampling product.
- Responsible for the operation of the bran/flour mill when the operator is absent.
- Follow all Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality and Production policies and procedures.
- Maintain Cleaning schedule using master sanitation schedule. Keeping feed tote and supply area clean and free of damaged product.
- Assist Bran/Flour Operators with production as necessary. This could include assisting in quality checks, plug ups, and cleaning of areas.
- Complete paperwork while toting and loading pneumatic trailers/rail cars.
- Communicate issues with packaging supplies and materials, quality problems to the Packaging & Warehouse Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift experience desired.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Ability to operate computer systems and warehouse/inventory systems.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to climb ladders at least 15 feet.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to meet Physical Demands of position with our without reasonable accommodations.
Physical activities include walking, climbing, kneeling, lifting, bending, twisting, stacking, pushing and pulling, sitting, and squatting.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds with assistance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to climb ladders
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are required.
Looking for a fast pace environment in shipping? The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for picking product from warehouse and loading product onto van trailers and boxcars after inspecting all van trailers, bulk trucks and box cars to ensure they are appropriate to transport food grade product. They are to assist in moving bulk trailers into loading position and assist in the loading process. This position will also organize packaged food products in the warehouse. Maintain accurate and appropriate inventory records and documentation. Be able to operate and drive forklift, be able to operate and drive yard tractor to move trailers for loading.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Load product onto van trailers and box cars to minimize damage during transportation to customer.
- Complete appropriate documentation and record keeping for shipping and warehousing.
- Maintain first in/first out philosophy when preparing shipments.
- Obtain lab approval for product before shipping.
- Warehouse and organize food products packaged for trade and shipment.
- Coordination of shipping schedules with logistics on a daily basis.
- Inspection of van trailers, bulk trucks and boxcars to ensure food quality condition.
- Complete documentation of all trailer inspections.
- Maintenance of an accurate stock inventory of finished goods, ingredients, and packaging materials stored in warehouse.
- Proper inventory, handling, storage, and disposition of substandard hold product produced are required.
- Working with Lab Technicians for inspection and maintenance of warehouse inventories.
- Maintain a clean working environment keeping dock areas inside, outside and under dock levelers cleaned.
- Ability to safely operate forklift and complete all required training.
- Ability to operate yard tractor and move trailers into and out of docks, bulk loading area, across scale and into parking areas.
- Backup to FSB Inspector and handle Food Security Building operation during the night shift and on weekends.
Looking to join a leader in the milling industry? This position is responsible for operating the A and/or C Mill. This includes the operation of oat cleaning, dehulling, grading, delivery, and blending systems in addition to the groat kiln conditioner, finishing system, cutting system and transport systems. Work in a team environment and communicate with operators in all mills, receiving and office personnel.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Operation of oat cleaning systems, oat dehulling and grading systems.
- Operation of oat delivery systems from storage silos, and blending on an intermittent basis.
- Operation of the kiln conditioner, finishing systems, cutting systems, and product transport systems.
- Communicate with all mills, receiving and office personnel regarding production, transfers, product received, and silo inventory.
- Monitor production and key quality and yield check points.
- Operate all equipment for peak performances in yield and quality.
- Know and follow all safety, quality and GMP’s policy and procedures.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance tasks on systems as assigned
- Perform operational cleaning tasks on a regular scheduled basis with documentation.
- Stop the production process when safety and food quality is in question.