Multiple Opportunities in Multiple Locations!
Eden Prairie MN, St. Ansgar IA, Eugene Oregon, Marion Indiana. Food Safety, Milling Science, Crop Science, Digital Content Development.
If you are interested in an internship with Grain Millers, Please submit your application here! Please attach letter of interest with preferred area of study and a resume! Any questions please contact Ben Walk at 641-713-5402 or Ben.Walk@Grainmillers.com
Preferred: GPA: 3.00; Undergraduate: Junior or Senior OR Graduate: First year or Second year, but open to any applicants depending on other qualifications.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment? Can you deliver on details amidst frequent changes? Are you an organizational guru? Would you like to be recognized for those qualities in an office where people really do work as a team?
Grain Millers, Inc. is a leading provider of whole grain ingredients used in cereals, breads, bars, snacks and many other food products. We are adding a team member who can assist with the procurement process. We are currently seeking a forward thinking and engaging, detail-oriented candidate for an exciting opportunity as a full-time Procurement Assistant/Administrative Assistant. This position will be a hybrid position with some in person and some work from home time.
Job responsibilities include:
The Procurement Assistant/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and general office support utilizing discretion and independent judgment. The position performs general customer service and administrative/office duties with a variety of support activities and related tasks. Responsibilities include answering incoming calls, data entry, mailing samples, receiving, investigating, and responding to inquiries regarding contracts, invoicing, A/R, and filing of contracts and related documentation. Coordinates freight and shipment with the Transportation Manager. Establishes and develops strong working relationship with customers via e-mail, telephone, or virtually. Maintains and ensures proper documentation related to customer orders.
- Two years of post high school education or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills (friendly, courteous, respectful, and helpful).
- Demonstrates the ability to help solve problems and handle upset customers in a professional manner.
- Proficient in basic accounting skills, and the ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Strong computer (Word, Excel, and Outlook), presentation and data handling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with vendors, customers, and third parties in a professional manner.
- Ability to compute rate and understand the basics of foreign exchange.
- Must be detail oriented, motivated, demonstrate initiative, and utilize their intuitiveness to identify things out of the ordinary and obtain clarification.
If this describes you and you have a positive attitude, an affinity for details, and an exceptional work ethic, apply to Grain Millers now. We have an amazing team who works collaboratively (and we have fun too!)
The successful candidate will be based out of either Eden Prairie Minnesota or Marion Indiana.
For more than 35 years, Grain Millers has tested every decision against one thing: Is it good? For our farmers, our employees, our customers and our consumers. As one of the world's largest conventional and organic oat millers, our legacy is built on being more than just an ingredient supplier; we are a proactive partner. We work with enthusiasm and energy every day, and we take great care in everything we do - to provide simple, clean food that helps people live healthier lives.
We are looking for a Crop Specialist who possess strong organizational skills, is comfortable being supplier and customer facing and possess excellent communication skills. This is a technical role requiring a person to be extremely conversant in agronomic characteristics and crop science and will be called upon to represent Grain Millers in these areas in industry associations and research initiatives. Such initiatives may include assisting with or coordinating research projects, Identity Preserved programs and the establishment of strategic goals around company R&D support.
The ideal candidate should be interested in furthering their education and understanding of corn and oat milling and physiology. This includes developing relationships with trade organizations to enhance knowledge of Grain Millers and competitors' businesses. This person needs to have an agricultural understanding, and highly developed salesmanship as well as customer satisfaction skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a high level of technical knowledge regarding grain and derived products.
- Keeps up to date with current and new agronomic and crop production practices, in order to:
- Keeps Grain Millers on the leading edge of the value chain, with a special focus on being the industry leader in the organic sector.
- Acts as a resource to suppliers and the Grain Millers team regarding best crop production practices for various grains.
- Scouts fields for suppliers, providing advice as pertinent, and projecting individual and/or aggregated supply forecasts and feedback for procurement team.
- Assists in grain quality assessment and understands how production factors impact grain quality.
- Travels up to 30% of the time(more in Summer less in Winter), including overnight travel primarily within the midwestern states of the US. (Crop scouting, Farmer Trade shows, Agronomic, Seed Company and University Field Days and represents the Company.)
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Crop Science, or related field and two plus years of related experience.
- Knowledgeable in Cereal Science and/or Soil Science is a plus.
- A professional presence and outstanding presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated skill in organization, planning, and problem solving.
Grain Millers, Inc. is a place where you can put your innovative technical and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly motivated people. This is a great company with great people. If you are the type who truly thrives on making a positive impact, please Apply today.
THIS POSITION WORKS 4 ON 4 OFF DAY SHIFT 7 AM-7:30PM.
Are you looking for a new opportunity to start fresh? This position is responsible for operating the toting stations, loading bulk trailers, moving pallets of product into the warehouse area for storage and to clean respective equipment and areas of all the above mentioned. Must have the ability to communicate and work as a team member and know and follow all safety and good manufacturing practices.
Responsibilities and regular job duties:
Operation of tote filling systems to process orders according to customer specifications.
Operate fork lift in tight areas.
Operator stretch wrapper
Operation of the inventory system to label toted product with lot #, weights and product ID
Communicate with the roller operator for daily production schedules.
Load pneumatic trailers with flaked product.
Move and organize palleted product to the warehouse.
Assist in warehousing product.
Assist with Re-stacking 50 lb. bags, stretch wrapping, and labeling bags prior to storage.
Record SPC data, and follow sterile sample procedures.
Complete QA checks and paperwork
Assist the Bran/Flour Helper when necessary to meet customer demands.
Maintaining a clean work environment.
Responsible for keeping the feed tote station and supply storage area swept and free of damaged product.
Are you looking for a new opportunity in a fast paced and growing company? Are you looking for a company where you can feel like part of a family? We are a privately held company that has a family feel! We focus on doing good and providing good ingredients to the world. Grain Millers, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and merchandiser of whole grain ingredients utilized in food products served around the world. While you may not know us directly, you almost certainly know our products. We have supplied food ingredients to many of the world's largest food companies for over 30 years. As one of the world's largest conventional and organic oat millers, our legacy is built on being more than just an ingredient supplier. We are a proactive partner, working with others to do what is right. Join our Waiting List and if your qualifications meet our screening requirements, you will be contacted for an interview as jobs are available.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift experience
- Flexible and willing to accept changes on short notice
- Willing and able to learn new technology
- Possess basic computer skills
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to meet the Physical Demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to learn operation of industrial machinery.
Work Schedules include:
12 hour shifts from 6 pm - 6:30 am on a 4 on 4 off schedule.
12 hour shifts from 7 pm - 7:30 am on a 4 on 4 off schedule.
12 hour shifts from 6 am - 6:30 pm on a 4 on 4 off schedule.
12 hour shifts from 7 am - 7:30 pm on a 4 on 4 off schedule.
Monday-Thursday 6 am-4:15 pm and 4:00 pm to 2:15 am.
Monday-Thursday/Monday-Wednesday rotating 5 am-5pm.
Monday-Thursday/Monday-Wednesday rotating 5 pm-5am.
Wages starting at $19 per hour, with $1.50 overnight shift differential.
Comprehensive & Affordable Benefits: Medical/Dental Insurance, Basic Life Insurance ($50,000), Voluntary Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) matching contribution up to 6%, 3 weeks of PTO your first year, 8 paid holidays