Grain Millers, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and merchandiser of whole grain ingredients utilized in food products served around the world. While you may not know us directly, you almost certainly know our products. We have supplied food ingredients to virtually every large food company in the world for over 25 years. Our products and partnerships allow us to provide simple, clean food that is bursting with goodness.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst to join our team. This position will be responsible for general accounting duties, including daily accounting of the warehouse industrial and consumer product inventories, adjusting inventory entries, reconciles book inventory to physical inventory at month end, calculates and posts daily raw grain receipts. Additional responsibilities will include preparing month end general ledger entries, generation of appropriate financial statements, reconciling and maintaining general ledger accounts, assisting in preparation of variance analysis.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A Business Administration degree/diploma, with three or more years of previous experience
- Demonstrated experience in MS Office Suite, including a high proficiency in Excel along with strong data handling skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A solid understanding of financial accounting principles, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter who is detailed oriented, can maintain confidential information and possess good time management skills
- A drive to learn the business and find ways to provide insightful information to management
- The ability to quickly learn new systems and be a resource to others
- Results driven, open personality with a pro-active attitude
- Previous budgeting and forecasting experience
- Applicable industry experience
- Must be comfortable working at heights or confined space as participation in physical inventory counts is required
This is an opportunity for you to join a team of professionals in a workplace environment that fosters personal development and growth. Grain Millers, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and an atmosphere where partnership, respect and integrity are highly valued. If interested, e-mail your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Grain Millers is a leading provider of industrial food ingredients that supplies customers in the bakery, wholesale and retail markets across Canada, U.S.A. and Worldwide.
Reporting to the Procurement Facilities Manager, the Elevator Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility, and specifically will oversee the continuous receipt, storage, conditioning and shipment of market quality grains. The Elevator Manager will lead with integrity and will strive for a collaborative approach to working with staff, producers and business partners.
- Assist with procurement of grains, and provide proactive communication on market conditions, grain sample and load results, competition, crop production, crop quality, and supplier mindset.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound logistics for all grains, products, by-products, and supplies in a cost-conscious manner.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility while you lead, coordinate, and communicate with all employees.
- Nourish and grow existing customer relationships as well as prospect new business within your geographical area.
- Ensure adherence to corporate health, safety and food safety policies and best practices including compliance with environmental standards and all industry regulatory requirements and grading standards.
- Oversee the grading, binning, maintenance, conditioning, blending, and shipping of all grains.
- Maintain all transactional and food safety documentation.
- Oversee the facility’s preventative maintenance program.
- Represent Grain Millers publicly at various meetings, trade shows, industry groups, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma or degree in business, agriculture, economics, or certification in a related trade, or designation as a Certified Crop Advisor is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a grain handling operation with knowledge and understanding of best practices for grain storage and handling, and prevention / mitigation of potential problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the grain business, markets, pricing, basis, futures, arbitrage, and market influences.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with staff, producers and business partners
- Excellent team leadership skills, particularly with respect to coaching , mentoring and performance management
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, and Office).
- Ability to work in an environment that may be physically demanding, and may include exposure to heights and / or confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to allergens such as gluten and grain dust.
How to apply:
Please email resumes including cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be faxed to 306-786-6733 attention: Human Resources.
-Employment is subject to successfully completing a pre-employment criminal record check.
-Must be authorized to work in Canada
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GMCC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including those from under represented groups.
Grain Millers, Inc. is a leading provider of whole grain ingredients used in cereals, breads, bars, snacks and many other food products. We are currently seeking an experienced candidate for an exciting opportunity as a full-time Imports Specialist for our Specialty Products division. Our Specialty Products division focuses on global sourcing and export sales. This covers several different markets, including organic and non-GMO soybeans, buckwheat, millet, chickpeas, chia, lentils, organic rice, alcohol, and tapioca starches.
Job responsibilities include:
- Coordinates various aspects of the imports process, including proper import documentation, pre-shipment sampling protocol, loading protocol, communication with suppliers and with freight forwarder and brokers, communication with Customs Border Protection (CBP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Coordinates final delivery of shipments to customers utilizing various modes of transportation.
- Receives, examines and approves documents from overseas suppliers.
- Computes tariff duties, price conversions, weight, and volume of imported merchandise.
- Makes payments to suppliers, brokers, shipping companies and others in the supply chain.
- 1 -2 years of equivalent or work-related experience.
- Proficient in basic accounting skills and the ability to calculate figures, amounts and foreign exchange.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills and prefer proficiency in Spanish.
- A professional presence and excellent customer service skills.
- Adept at multi-tasking in a fast-past environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with a diverse customer, colleague, and vendor population. This includes listening and problem-solving skills.
This is an opportunity for you to join a team of professionals in a workplace environment that fosters personal development and growth. Grain Millers, Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and an atmosphere where partnership, respect and integrity are highly valued.
If interested, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@grainmillers.com or apply via our website.
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Our 2nd Shift Canister Line Operator might be the job for you! This position is responsible for operating or tending an automated can-line system in preparing customers’ orders. Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and a desire to do the right thing-always is what we are looking for.
- Set-up, operation and troubleshoot the automated canister line.
- Observe machine operation to ensure quality and conformity of filled and packaged products.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging materials.
- Regulate machine flow or speed based on specific production
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems and troubleshooting issues to ensure productivity is maintained.
- Follow all safety, quality and production policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to analyze information, machines and processes to troubleshoot issues.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of repairing and maintaining mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Ability to communicate and participate in team-based decision-making processes.
- Ability to coordinate and organize production runs.
- Physical activities include, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, lifting above shoulders, pushing and pulling.
- Required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Are you looking for something new? This position is assisting the packaging operator by providing and stocking packaging materials, taking palletized product from production and locating it in the warehouse. Responsible for backing up the cartooning and palletizing operator. Assist the warehouse in locating product into warehouse system and/or loading for shipments.
We are looking for people who are problem solvers and thrive on doing what is good and right. Other skills such has a proven record of safely operating of a forklift, read and comprehend written instructions, ability to be a team player and have basic computer skills.
This position is a 2nd shift position with hours M-F 2 pm - 10:30 pm with occasional overtime.
Are you the person who is looking to be part of something bigger? Grain Millers, Inc. might just be that opportunity for you. We are a privately held company that was founded on the idea of helping people live healthier lives. We are innovative, growing and have positions open in manufacturing! We are looking for people we can trust to "Do the Right Thing - Always", striving to provide great customer service and quality ingredients to the world. When joining Grain Millers you can expect excellent pay and shift differentials, robust benefits and matching 401k plan. We do operate 24/7 with most employees working 4 days on then 4 off.
This position is in the packaging area assisting the operators in filling super sacks or pneumatic trailers with finished product. This includes, but is not limited to, operation of sit down forklift, completing quality checks, helping warehouse material, ensuring proper product labels, weights and packaging for each customer. Work with a team of 2 to 3 other members to complete required tasks.
Physical demands include:
- Ability to walk, climb ladders and climb stairs
- Reach above shoulder height
- Push/pull 50 pounds
- Lift 50 pounds
- Hand manipulation used to tie tote shut
- 1 to 2 years fork lift experience
- Ability to operate barcode scan gun
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability to work in a team environment with effective communication skills
- Good organization skills
At Grain Millers we pride ourselves on being innovative and adding value to our customers. We focus on wholesome ingredients in all aspects of our business. We are looking for people we can trust to "Do the right thing - Always". Are you ready for a fast pace position where you need to learn how to operate equipment to assist the Bran/Flour Operator and package finished product for shipment? We have the position for you!
This position is responsible for packing all bran and flour products in super sacks or pneumatic trailers and learning the systems to assist the operator in the operation producing Bran and Flour and being able to take over if necessary.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Operation of the tote filling systems to process orders according to customer specifications.
- Operation of the bulk loading systems according to customer specifications.
- Operate forklift to move product in the warehouse.
- Communicating with the Bran/Flour Mill Operators and assist with production as necessary. This could include assisting in quality checks, plug ups, and cleaning of areas.
- Operating the stretch wrapping device.
- Complete quality checks and paperwork as required. This includes, cleaning the magnets, checking metal detector calibration, utilizing SPC control charts, and sampling product.
- Responsible for the operation of the bran/flour mill when the operator is absent.
- Follow all Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Quality and Production policies and procedures.
- Maintain Cleaning schedule using master sanitation schedule. Keeping feed tote and supply area clean and free of damaged product.
- Assist Bran/Flour Operators with production as necessary. This could include assisting in quality checks, plug ups, and cleaning of areas.
- Complete paperwork while toting and loading pneumatic trailers/rail cars.
- Communicate issues with packaging supplies and materials, quality problems to the Packaging & Warehouse Supervisor.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift experience desired.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Ability to operate computer systems and warehouse/inventory systems.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to climb ladders at least 15 feet.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to meet Physical Demands of position with our without reasonable accommodations.
Physical activities include walking, climbing, kneeling, lifting, bending, twisting, stacking, pushing and pulling, sitting, and squatting.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds with assistance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to climb ladders
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen and background checks are required.
Looking for a fast pace environment in shipping? The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for picking product from warehouse and loading product onto van trailers and boxcars after inspecting all van trailers, bulk trucks and box cars to ensure they are appropriate to transport food grade product. They are to assist in moving bulk trailers into loading position and assist in the loading process. This position will also organize packaged food products in the warehouse. Maintain accurate and appropriate inventory records and documentation. Be able to operate and drive forklift, be able to operate and drive yard tractor to move trailers for loading.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Load product onto van trailers and box cars to minimize damage during transportation to customer.
- Complete appropriate documentation and record keeping for shipping and warehousing.
- Maintain first in/first out philosophy when preparing shipments.
- Obtain lab approval for product before shipping.
- Warehouse and organize food products packaged for trade and shipment.
- Coordination of shipping schedules with logistics on a daily basis.
- Inspection of van trailers, bulk trucks and boxcars to ensure food quality condition.
- Complete documentation of all trailer inspections.
- Maintenance of an accurate stock inventory of finished goods, ingredients, and packaging materials stored in warehouse.
- Proper inventory, handling, storage, and disposition of substandard hold product produced are required.
- Working with Lab Technicians for inspection and maintenance of warehouse inventories.
- Maintain a clean working environment keeping dock areas inside, outside and under dock levelers cleaned.
- Ability to safely operate forklift and complete all required training.
- Ability to operate yard tractor and move trailers into and out of docks, bulk loading area, across scale and into parking areas.
- Backup to FSB Inspector and handle Food Security Building operation during the night shift and on weekends.
Looking to join a leader in the milling industry? This position is responsible for operating the A and/or C Mill. This includes the operation of oat cleaning, dehulling, grading, delivery, and blending systems in addition to the groat kiln conditioner, finishing system, cutting system and transport systems. Work in a team environment and communicate with operators in all mills, receiving and office personnel.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Operation of oat cleaning systems, oat dehulling and grading systems.
- Operation of oat delivery systems from storage silos, and blending on an intermittent basis.
- Operation of the kiln conditioner, finishing systems, cutting systems, and product transport systems.
- Communicate with all mills, receiving and office personnel regarding production, transfers, product received, and silo inventory.
- Monitor production and key quality and yield check points.
- Operate all equipment for peak performances in yield and quality.
- Know and follow all safety, quality and GMP’s policy and procedures.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance tasks on systems as assigned
- Perform operational cleaning tasks on a regular scheduled basis with documentation.
- Stop the production process when safety and food quality is in question.