Grain Millers is a leading provider of industrial food ingredients that supplies customers in the bakery, wholesale and retail markets across Canada, U.S.A. and Worldwide.
Reporting to the Procurement Facilities Manager, the Elevator Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility, and specifically will oversee the continuous receipt, storage, conditioning and shipment of market quality grains. The Elevator Manager will lead with integrity and will strive for a collaborative approach to working with staff, producers and business partners.
- Assist with procurement of grains, and provide proactive communication on market conditions, grain sample and load results, competition, crop production, crop quality, and supplier mindset.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound logistics for all grains, products, by-products, and supplies in a cost-conscious manner.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility while you lead, coordinate, and communicate with all employees.
- Nourish and grow existing customer relationships as well as prospect new business within your geographical area.
- Ensure adherence to corporate health, safety and food safety policies and best practices including compliance with environmental standards and all industry regulatory requirements and grading standards.
- Oversee the grading, binning, maintenance, conditioning, blending, and shipping of all grains.
- Maintain all transactional and food safety documentation.
- Oversee the facility’s preventative maintenance program.
- Represent Grain Millers publicly at various meetings, trade shows, industry groups, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma or degree in business, agriculture, economics, or certification in a related trade, or designation as a Certified Crop Advisor is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a grain handling operation with knowledge and understanding of best practices for grain storage and handling, and prevention / mitigation of potential problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the grain business, markets, pricing, basis, futures, arbitrage, and market influences.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with staff, producers and business partners
- Excellent team leadership skills, particularly with respect to coaching , mentoring and performance management
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, and Office).
- Ability to work in an environment that may be physically demanding, and may include exposure to heights and / or confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to allergens such as gluten and grain dust.
How to apply:
Please email resumes including cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications can also be faxed to 306-786-6733 attention: Human Resources.
-Employment is subject to successfully completing a pre-employment criminal record check.
-Must be authorized to work in Canada
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GMCC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including those from under represented groups.
Looking to join a leader in the milling industry? This position is responsible for operating the A and/or C Mill. This includes the operation of oat cleaning, dehulling, grading, delivery, and blending systems in addition to the groat kiln conditioner, finishing system, cutting system and transport systems. Work in a team environment and communicate with operators in all mills, receiving and office personnel.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Operation of oat cleaning systems, oat dehulling and grading systems.
- Operation of oat delivery systems from storage silos, and blending on an intermittent basis.
- Operation of the kiln conditioner, finishing systems, cutting systems, and product transport systems.
- Communicate with all mills, receiving and office personnel regarding production, transfers, product received, and silo inventory.
- Monitor production and key quality and yield check points.
- Operate all equipment for peak performances in yield and quality.
- Know and follow all safety, quality and GMP’s policy and procedures.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance tasks on systems as assigned
- Perform operational cleaning tasks on a regular scheduled basis with documentation.
- Stop the production process when safety and food quality is in question.