|Company and Position Overview
Agricor, located in Marion, IN, is a leader in the dry corn milling industry. Agricor is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grain Millers, Inc., an international group of companies headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN, with processing plants located in the United States and Canada. We have supplied food ingredients to many of the largest food companies in the world for over 30 years. Our products and partnerships allow us to provide, simple, clean food with integrity throughout the supply chain.
Agricor is hiring a full-time Cost Accountant. In this role you will be responsible for performing daily, weekly and monthly cost accounting tasks including journal entries, account reconciliation, inventory, cost corrections, ad hoc reporting, and assisting with resolution of inventory issues and costing.
What are the responsibilities?
· Collecting, analyzing, and evaluating data from internal and external sources on raw materials, inventory and labor.
· Review and analyze weekly costing variances.
· Evaluate and correct general ledger activity and balances to ensure accurate gross margin reporting.
· Accurately records daily production activity and inventory movements in the accounting system.
· Performs month end close activities.
· Prepares budgets, forecasts and internal management reporting.
· Performs capital projects tracking and reporting and support corporate fixed asset accounting.
· Estimates costs for new products.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and excellent financial analysis skills with at least three to five years of relevant experience. Must be proficient in Excel including formulas, v lookups, macros and pivot tables. Experience in food manufacturing is preferred. Other competencies and skills:
· Thorough understanding of financial drivers in raw material, freight, inventory and cost of goods sold.
· Strong analytical skills to assess variances, trends and reserve requirements.
· Attention to detail and accuracy required.
· Ability to work in fast-paced, changing environment under deadlines.
· Willingness to work in a high teaming environment.
· Strong system understanding and project implementation skills.
· Proven ability to build relationships with peers and internal customers.
How do I apply?
You can build a career with us today! Be inspired to achieve your goals through challenging opportunities for growth and development. Be rewarded with professional and personal satisfaction by taking pride and in making a difference. And be yourself in an environment that thrives on teamwork and values personal contributions. Agricor offers competitive compensation and an array of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Disability, and 401(k). If interested, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@grainmillers.com. To learn more about Agricor or Grain Millers, visit our websites at www.agricor.org or www.grainmillers.com ·