Are you the type of person that enjoys a fast pace, high energy career? Our shipping department might be the best choice for you! This position is responsible for picking product from the warehouse and loading product onto van trailers, bulk trucks. You would be required to move dropped trailers in and out of dock doors and bulk loading bays using a spotter truck. This position will also organize packaged food products in the warehouse, maintain accurate inventory records and documentation.
Regular Duties include:
- Load product onto van trailers and box cars to minimize damage during transportation to customer.
- Complete appropriate documentation and record keeping for shipping and warehousing.
- Maintain first in/first out philosophy when preparing shipments.
- Obtain lab approval for product before shipping.
- Warehouse and organize food products packaged for trade and shipment.
- Coordination of shipping schedules with logistics on a daily basis.
- Inspection of van trailers, bulk trucks and boxcars to ensure food quality condition.
- Complete documentation of all trailer inspections.
- Maintenance of an accurate stock inventory of finished goods, ingredients, and packaging materials stored in warehouse.
- Proper inventory, handling, storage, and disposition of substandard hold product produced are required.
- Working with Lab Technicians for inspection and maintenance of warehouse inventories.
- Maintain a clean working environment keeping dock areas inside, outside and under dock levelers cleaned.
- Ability to safely operate forklift and complete all required training.
- Ability to operate yard tractor and move trailers into and out of docks, bulk loading area, across scale and into parking
- Backup to FSB Inspector and handle Food Security Building operation after hours and on weekends.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Driving skills for semi-trailer operation to stage inbound and outbound trailers.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective teamwork and communication skills with warehouse employees, logistics, lab, and production operations are
- Safe forklift operation skills
- The work week is dependent upon the operations of the facility. There is an 8 hour shift, M-F and 12 hour shifts 4 on/4 off.
- There is occasional overtime on weekends, and holidays during the workweek, when business conditions require operation.
- Exposure to small grains and grain dust.
- Work environment is not climate controlled and is cool in the winter and warm in the summer.
- This position will be moving throughout warehouse on foot and by forklift.
- Ability to frequently transfer on and off forklift is required.
- You will also be required to re-stack pallets of product as necessary to remove broken or damaged 50# bags prior to
- Ability to change propane tanks at least every 12 hours on forklift. Tanks weigh between 20 - 40 # empty and 55 to 75# full
- You will be working inside and outside of warehouse depending on the day and schedule.
Grain Millers is a leading provider of industrial food ingredients that supplies customers in the bakery, wholesale and retail markets across Canada, U.S.A. and Worldwide.
Reporting to the Procurement Facilities Manager, the Elevator Manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility, and specifically will oversee the continuous receipt, storage, conditioning and shipment of market quality grains. The Elevator Manager will lead with integrity and will strive for a collaborative approach to working with staff, producers and business partners.
- Assist with procurement of grains, and provide proactive communication on market conditions, grain sample and load results, competition, crop production, crop quality, and supplier mindset.
- Coordinate inbound and outbound logistics for all grains, products, by-products, and supplies in a cost-conscious manner.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility while you lead, coordinate, and communicate with all employees.
- Nourish and grow existing customer relationships as well as prospect new business within your geographical area.
- Ensure adherence to corporate health, safety and food safety policies and best practices including compliance with environmental standards and all industry regulatory requirements and grading standards.
- Oversee the grading, binning, maintenance, conditioning, blending, and shipping of all grains.
- Maintain all transactional and food safety documentation.
- Oversee the facility’s preventative maintenance program.
- Represent Grain Millers publicly at various meetings, trade shows, industry groups, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Diploma or degree in business, agriculture, economics, or certification in a related trade, or designation as a Certified Crop Advisor is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a grain handling operation with knowledge and understanding of best practices for grain storage and handling, and prevention / mitigation of potential problems.
- Knowledge and understanding of the grain business, markets, pricing, basis, futures, arbitrage, and market influences.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with staff, producers and business partners
- Excellent team leadership skills, particularly with respect to coaching , mentoring and performance management
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, and Office).
- Ability to work in an environment that may be physically demanding, and may include exposure to heights and / or confined spaces.
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to allergens such as gluten and grain dust.
How to apply:
Please email resumes including cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can also be faxed to 306-786-6733 attention: Human Resources.
-Employment is subject to successfully completing a pre-employment criminal record check.
-Must be authorized to work in Canada
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GMCC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including those from under represented groups.
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Our 2nd Shift Canister Line Operator might be the job for you! This position is responsible for operating or tending an automated can-line system in preparing customers’ orders. Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, and a desire to do the right thing-always is what we are looking for.
- Set-up, operation and troubleshoot the automated canister line.
- Observe machine operation to ensure quality and conformity of filled and packaged products.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging materials.
- Regulate machine flow or speed based on specific production
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems and troubleshooting issues to ensure productivity is maintained.
- Follow all safety, quality and production policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to analyze information, machines and processes to troubleshoot issues.
- Basic computer skills
- Basic knowledge of repairing and maintaining mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Ability to communicate and participate in team-based decision-making processes.
- Ability to coordinate and organize production runs.
- Physical activities include, walking, kneeling, bending, twisting, climbing, squatting, lifting above shoulders, pushing and pulling.
- Required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- This position is normally a Monday - Friday 2nd shift position working 2 pm - 10:30 pm with overtime as needed. Overtime could include extended shift hours and Saturday work.
- Work area is not climate controlled and is normally cool in the winter and warm in the summer months.
For more than 30 years, Grain Millers has been a leading manufacturer of whole grain ingredients. We have an immediate full-time need in our production area. If you have never worked in grain/seed processing facility before, we would love to help you get started. We offer specific job and safety training.
- Operate machinery used in cleaning and handling of specialty food ingredients.
- Lift packaged products manually (up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis)
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete.
- General plant and ground sanitation.
- Frequently lift/move equipment, chemical containers and other material throughout the work day.
- Wear personal protective equipment in the food processing areas.
- Perform all tasks safely and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
Essential Education and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Basic computer skills, ability to work in a team environment and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with vendors, co-workers, and supervisor in a respectful manner.
- Must be able to follow instructions and have good time management skills.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Be willing to perform varying tasks per the supervisor’s instructions.
Are you looking for excellent benefits, paid vacation, and a stable income? Grain Millers is the place for you! This is an opportunity for you to join a team of hardworking individuals. No experience necessary, on the job training provided! Monday – Thursday from 6 am – 4:30 pm. 14.00/hr.
If interested, e-mail your resume to email@example.com or come in to complete an application in person. Grain Millers is located at 5703 County Road U, Newton, WI 53063. To learn more about Grain Millers, please give us a call (920) 726-4221, or visit our website at www.grainmillers.com
To repair and maintain plant equipment and facilities while assisting to improve operational efficiencies and reliability. Will communicate with operations and support personnel to achieve operational goals. Responsible for following all good manufacturing practices and policies to maintain food grade processes. Work as a team with all areas of production and maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
Maintenance, Service, and Documentation:
- Communications with operations and support personnel
- Document work performed in Maintenance computer system
- Maintain all mill equipment and perform required preventative maintenance according to schedules.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work from ladders and catwalks.
- Must be able to travel safely on the company man lift. (Vertical conveyor designed to transport personnel from the 1st floor to the 8th floor and provide access all floors.)
- Follow all safety policies and performing all safe work practices with documentation. This includes but is not limited to lock-out tag-out, preventative maintenance documentation, electrical safety, hot work program, grain handling standard regulations, consulting with and following through on safety committee recommendations.
- Follow all good manufacturing practices and quality policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Repair and predictive/preventative maintenance of plant equipment and facilities
- Operation of welders, presses, grinders, and other equipment to perform aspects of the position
- The workweek schedule is either a 2nd shift 3 pm - 11:30 pm M-F or a 2-2-3 12 hour night shift scheduled from 7 pm - 7:30 am.
- Occasional extra work shifts and mid-week holidays when business conditions require production or maintenance support.
- Work environment consists of working in dust.
- Will be exposed to a variety of different temperatures both inside and outside of the plant. Work environment is not climate controlled.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years industrial maintenance experience
- 2 to 4 years welding experience
- Previous millwright experience is desired
- Pneumatic experience
- Machining knowledge
- Power transmissions knowledge
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Knowledge of compressors, boilers, steam/water systems, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and electrical troubleshooting/wiring
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- The ability to adapt and change directions as process and/or productions schedules may be revised on short notice.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to meet the Physical Demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to follow all safety, quality and GMP policies and procedures. Ability to work in an environment with dust.
Work activities include the ability/flexibility to work in tight/hard to access locations. Must be able to work in a variety of changing climatic conditions and tolerate grain dusts.
This is a general job description which is not all-inclusive. Working conditions, duties, and responsibilities are subject to changing plant requirements at any time. Management reserves the right to alter this position when conditions merit.
Are you the person who is looking to be part of something bigger? Grain Millers, Inc. might just be that opportunity for you. We are a privately held company that was founded on the idea of helping people live healthier lives. We are innovative, growing and have positions open in manufacturing! We are looking for people we can trust to "Do the Right Thing - Always", striving to provide great customer service and quality ingredients to the world. When joining Grain Millers you can expect excellent pay and shift differentials, robust benefits and matching 401k plan. We do operate 24/7 with most employees working 4 days on then 4 off.
This position is in the packaging area assisting the operators in filling super sacks or pneumatic trailers with finished product. This includes, but is not limited to, operation of sit down forklift, completing quality checks, helping warehouse material, ensuring proper product labels, weights and packaging for each customer. Work with a team of 2 to 3 other members to complete required tasks.
Physical demands include:
- Ability to walk, climb ladders and climb stairs
- Reach above shoulder height
- Push/pull 50 pounds
- Lift 50 pounds
- Hand manipulation used to tie tote shut
- 1 to 2 years fork lift experience
- Ability to operate barcode scan gun
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read and follow directions
- Ability to work in a team environment with effective communication skills
- Good organization skills
Looking to join a leader in the milling industry? This position is responsible for operating the A and/or C Mill. This includes the operation of oat cleaning, dehulling, grading, delivery, and blending systems in addition to the groat kiln conditioner, finishing system, cutting system and transport systems. Work in a team environment and communicate with operators in all mills, receiving and office personnel.
Responsibilities and regular duties include:
- Operation of oat cleaning systems, oat dehulling and grading systems.
- Operation of oat delivery systems from storage silos, and blending on an intermittent basis.
- Operation of the kiln conditioner, finishing systems, cutting systems, and product transport systems.
- Communicate with all mills, receiving and office personnel regarding production, transfers, product received, and silo inventory.
- Monitor production and key quality and yield check points.
- Operate all equipment for peak performances in yield and quality.
- Know and follow all safety, quality and GMP’s policy and procedures.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance tasks on systems as assigned
- Perform operational cleaning tasks on a regular scheduled basis with documentation.
- Stop the production process when safety and food quality is in question.