Company and Position Overview
Grain Millers grain processing facility in Eugene, OR, has been a leader in grain processing on the West Coast for over 30 years. Our Eugene facility was founded in 1984 and was the first location to operate under the Grain Millers, Inc. name. Since then Grain Millers, Inc. has grown to become an international group of companies headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN, with processing plants located in the United States and Canada. Everything we do starts with our mission: Manufacturing safe, legally compliant and superior quality ingredients and products, while providing personalized customer service in all aspects of our business, driven by the desire to deliver optimum value to our customers.
Grain Millers Eugene is currently seeking a Quality Manager to proactively lead the quality system efforts through monitoring of production operations and adherence to and administration of sanitation and food safety to ensure we meet all applicable government regulatory, customer, and company requirements for quality, sanitation and food safety.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the implementation and maintenance all food safety (HACCP) programs lead and coordinate traceability exercises a minimum of semi-annually.
• Lead the Quality Team in supporting the plant’s initiatives to provide, high quality, legally compliant and safe food.
• Participating member of Management Team in problem solving and resolving production and Customer concerns. Resource for all US and Canadian food safety regulations to the Management Team at the plant.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, record maintenance and updating of all food safety and regulatory programs with oversight of our Co-Manufactures.
• Communicating trends analysis of goals or objectives to team members and facilitate corrective/preventive action and resolutions.
• Provide technical expertise and guidance to customers in developing specifications and problem solving.
• Bachelor’s degree in Grain or Food Science or related field. Preference experience in grain science and instrumentation knowledge preferred.
• Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) highly preferred or required training within first 60 days. Must have a thorough understanding of Food Safety Plans. Implementation of Food Safety plans a plus.
• Minimum of 5 years’ supervisory experience in a food operation/manufacturing environment.
• HACCP certified highly preferred or the ability to secure this certification.
• Statistical/Quality Engineering certification a plus. Implementation/management of a GFSI system (BRC preferred) Previous experience in third party or customer audits.
• Knowledge of all quality, food safety and sanitation functions including but not limited to; calibration systems, instrumentation methodology and maintenance, HACCP concepts, auditing, stability studies, technical report writing, and GMP’s.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal/teaming skills and proficient in Microsoft Office software. Ability to interact with vendors, customers, and third parties in a professional manner.
• Leadership and people management skills. Ability to work in a team by encouraging cooperation, information sharing and coordination.
You can build a career with us today! Be inspired to achieve your goals through challenging opportunities for growth and development. Be rewarded with professional and personal satisfaction by taking pride and in making a difference. Be yourself in an environment that thrives on teamwork and values personal contributions. Grain Millers, Inc. offers competitive compensation and an array of benefits, including Medical, Dental, Disability, and 401(k). If interested, e-mail your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to HR@grainmillers.com. To learn more about Grain Millers, visit our website at www.grainmillers.com