Reporting directly to the CFO/VP Finance, the Corporate Controller is responsible for leading all aspects of financial accounting and reporting for the company, as well as for maintaining and enhancing the internal control environment of the enterprise. Positions reporting directly to the Corporate Controller include the Assistant Corporate Controller, the Plant Controllers of the milling and manufacturing facilities, and the Division Controllers of the merchandising operations.
• Prepare, report and analyze the consolidated financial statements of the corporation, including the internal preparation of a quarterly cash flow statement.
• Establish and maintain Corporate Accounting policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure conformance of the financial reporting with U.S. GAAP.
• Lead efforts to standardize accounting practices and procedures across all plants and divisions of the organization.
• Serve as key contact, along with Assistant Controller, for the company’s external auditor in coordinating all aspects of the annual financial audit.
• Along with the Tax Manager and the Assistant Controller, support the 3rd party provider’s information needs to ensure complete and accurate tax compliance and tax accounting
• Serve as the key technical accounting resource for the company.
• Have a vision for and lead the transformation of the company’s financial reporting systems.
• Along with the CFO/VP Finance, lead and support the company’s annual budget preparation and business performance management reporting activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (related degree acceptable with CPA designation)
• Five+ years of supervisory experience
• Eight+ years of experience in corporate or divisional accounting and auditing roles
• Proficiency in MS Office, including advanced Excel skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative, with the highest ethical standards and professional presence necessary to influence all levels of management of the organization, including the BOD.
• CPA designation (inactive status acceptable). Advanced degree (MAcc, MSA, MBT, MBA) highly desirable.
• Agricultural commodities and/or milling and grain industry accounting experience.
• Experience with the accounting and control of commodities trading operations.
• Public accounting experience and/or industry accounting/finance experience at a publicly traded company.
• At least 3 years of owning the consolidated financial reporting of a multi-entity corporate group of at least $250 million in annual revenues, ideally including foreign entities
• Experience with mid- to large-scale ERPs and financial reporting tools. Experience with Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), MS Dynamics SL (Solomon), MS Dynamics AX, and/or Grain Smart, including implementation experience, highly preferred.
If interested, e-mail your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to HR@grainmillers.com