Agricor, located in Marion, IN, is a leader in the dry corn milling industry. Agricor is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grain Millers, Inc., an international group of companies headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN, with processing plants located in the United States and Canada. Everything we do starts with our mission: Manufacturing safe, legally compliant and superior quality ingredients and products, while providing personalized customer service in all aspects of our business, driven by the desire to deliver optimum value to our customers.
Agricor is currently seeking a Quality Systems Manager to proactively lead the quality system efforts through monitoring of production operations and adherence to and administration of sanitation and food safety to ensure we meet all applicable government regulatory, customer, and company requirements for quality, sanitation and food safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Supervises sample analysis of corn through the production process, including raw materials, work in progress and finished product.
• Analyzes and champions recommendations for improvements regarding procedures, standards, and equipment to facilitate work and maintain product quality.
• Leads the translation of product specifications to appropriate manufacturing documentation.
• Develops or assists in the development and implementation of revised or new policies and guidelines to meet government regulations, customer satisfaction, and business objectives.
• Supports and monitors a rigorous supplier verification program.
• Conducts internal GMP and Food Safety plant and warehouse inspections, manages mock recalls, and leads all regulatory, customer, internal and 3rd party audits.
• Bachelor’s of Science in Food Science, Engineering, Microbiology, Chemistry, Agriculture or in a related field, with solid demonstrated knowledge of QA/QC, sanitation and basic business principles.
• 5 yrs experience in QA with at least 1 yr in food safety/HACCP and sanitation.
• Demonstrated ability to lead change and coach a group of diverse employees to improve individual performance and overall Quality and Food Safety performance.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge in micro, laboratory and food regulations.
• Desire to have an individual with auditing, sanitation, BRC and food manufacturing experience.
• Preventive Controls Qualified Individual is a plus.
You can build a career with us today! Be inspired to achieve your goals through challenging opportunities for growth and development. Be rewarded with professional and personal satisfaction by taking pride and in making a difference. And be yourself in an environment that thrives on teamwork and values personal contributions.